Learn how to set up the time clock portal.
Select Settings from the Time Clock Menu.
Here you will be able to change the way the time clock operates.
Restrict Remote Clocking
Switch this setting to ON only after you have entered your network's external IP address into the settings text box. You can find your network's external IP by accessing the settings menu from your store network, or navigating to http://whatismyip.org/ on your time clock computer.
Limit Early Clock In
Use this setting if you want to limit how early an employee can clock in for their shift. Enter a value in minutes.
Here you can set the rounding rules. If you are unsure about which setting is best for your store we recommended keeping this set to none.
- None -- Punch duration is based on the actual time clocked by the employee.
- 15 Minute -- Round and calculate punches from the nearest quarter of an hour, with split occurring in the middle of each quarter hour.Example : A punch at 7:52a would calculate as 7:45a.A punch at 7:53a would calculate as 8:00a.
- 15 Minute Slant -- Quarter hour rounding similar to above except the break point occurs on the 5th minute or 10th minute depending on whether it is an IN punch or an OUT punch (10/5 split on an in punch, 5/10 split on an out punch).Examples : An In punch at 7:49a would calculate as 7:45a.An In punch at 7:50a would calculate as 8:00a.An Out punch at 5:09p would calculate as 5:00p.An Out punch at 5:10p would calculate as 5:15p.
- 10th Hour -- Tenths of hour's calculation. This option calculates punches from the tenth hour point and advances each six minutes.Example : An In punch at 7:30a would calculate as 7.5a.An Out punch at 4:05p would calculate as 4.0.
This setting is used by the system to generate reports. The most notable are the Employee Payroll reports and exports. Once you select your pay period type you can then select a reference start date.
Your Payroll Provider
We continue to work with our clients to help provide payroll exports formatted for use with their payroll provider. Here you will see a few of the current options available. If your payroll provider is not listed and they accept Excel or CSV imports, please provide us with format information so we can add them to this list.
Employees appearing on the time clock portal
- All -- All employees will be able to clock in/out whether they are on the schedule or not. The Early Clock In setting will be overridden. When using the Employee Scroll layout all store employees will be displayed.
- Scheduled -- Only scheduled employees will be able to clock in/out. Early Clock In limits will apply. When using the Employee Scroll layout only scheduled employees will be displayed.
Time Clock Portal Layout
This controls the look and feel of your time clock portal.
This is our original layout. Employees can scroll to their name and clock in/out, break out/in, and check their punch log. Employee photos optional.
This is our new time clock interface. Employees type in their 4-digit PIN and are able to view tasks, clock in/out, and log breaks. To use this interface all employees must be assigned a unique 4-digit PIN. If you change to this format and duplicate PIN are present the system will prompt you to reset them. Employees with verified email addresses will receive an email with their new PIN. If an employee had been assigned a longer than 4-digit PIN they will need to contact management about resetting it to a 4-digit PIN.
PDF Export Layouts
This will control the layout for the PDF version of your Employee Payroll reports.
Clock Paid Breaks
This controls whether the punch widget will have an option to clock in/out paid breaks.
Show Tasks on Clock In/Out
Set whether you would like a task window to appear for an employee when they clock in/out if they have assigned tasks for the day.
Setting up a Time Clock Computer
Your store's main time clock portal can be viewed at timeclock.schedulingplus.com. Here you will be asked to enter your Time Clock Dashboard PIN.
Each of your store locations will have a unique PIN. The pin can be found on the Time Clock Code tab within the Time Clock Settings page.
If your location does not have a Code displayed you can press the refresh icon to generate one.